The Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2017 will be inducted Sept. 30, 2017 with Lindsey Oberacker (Volleyall, 2009-12) and Angela Olivieri (Women's Soccer, 2006-09) to be enshrined. Read More.
The Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame has as its purpose to recognize the accomplishments of Point Park University student-athletes, coaches and administrators who have made outstanding contributions to the university’s athletic department and teams.
Deserving candidates can be nominated by anyone in the general public. Nominations are accepted year round, although nominations must be submitted by May 1, 2017 for consideration for the HOF Class of 2017.
To Nominate, please reference the eligibility criteria below and then complete the Nomination Form available here: Nomination Form.
Send completed nomination forms by E-mail to Kevin Taylor at [email protected] or by mail to Point Park University Mail Center, Athletics, Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame, 201 Wood Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
The Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is held every fall on campus. The 2017 Induction Ceremony will be Sept. 30, 2017.
PIONEER ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME RESOURCES
ELIGIBITY CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES
- Nominees for the Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame should possess an outstanding athletic, coaching or professional resume of achievement.
- Nominees must have completed their playing or coaching career at Point Park at least five (5) years prior to their nomination date.
- Coaches who are nominated need at least three (3) years of head-coaching service at Point Park.
- Strong consideration should be given to varsity letters won, awards received (i.e. all-conference, All-American, MVP, etc.), postseason success, leadership, outstanding achievement in multiple sports, national or international recognition/honors, athletic or professional success after leaving Point Park and outstanding contribution to Point Park athletics as a coach, administrator, staff member or a member of the support team.
- Nominees do not need to be a Point Park degree holder, and there is no minimum requirement for number of years participated in a sport at Point Park.
- Nominees must have displayed good citizenship during and after their time at Point Park.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NOMINATORS
- Nominations can be made by members of the Pioneer Athletic Hall of Fame committee, alumni, staff, faculty, trustees and members of the general public.
- No self nomination.
- A nomination will remain active for five years. A second nomination can be made for an additional three years.
- The nomination will consist of a completed nomination form and any other materials in support of the nomination such as a biographical sketch of achievements, etc.